Lake Cable Animal Hospital - Animal Emergency
What do you do in the case that your pet has an emergency?
If your human family members have an emergency, you can call 911 and an EMT’s and an ambulance will come and take them to a hospital. Unfortunately, there is no pet ambulance that will come for your pet in the case of an emergency. That’s why having a pet emergency plan in place is very important.
How do you make an emergency pet plan?
1. Have the name an number of the nearest animal hospital or Veterinarian on your refrigerator.
2. Make a list of different emergency scenarios that could happen to your pet.
- What would you do if your animal was poisoned?
- What would you do if your dog was choking?
- What would you do if your cat was hit by a car?
Plan out each scenario as if they are actually happening, so that you are ready in the case that your animal has an emergency.
If you live in the Massillon, North Canton, or surrounding Ohio areas, write these numbers down and put in on your refrigerator now:
Lake Cable Animal Hospital
- Stark County Emergency Veterinary Clinic (330) 452 – 5116
- Metropolitan Veterinary Hospital (330) 666 – 2976
- Green Animal Hospital Center (330) 896 – 4040
- 1.Call the animal hospital and let them know to expect you.
- 2. Safely secure your animal in a pet carrier and take them to the animal hospital as soon as possible.
In the case of an animal emergency:
*Note: Cats who are severely injured may act aggressive towards their pet parents. You can gently place a towel or blanket over the cats head to prevent biting.
Lake Cable Animal Hospitals pet vets will take care of your animal like their own family no matter if it is a pet vaccination that your are seeking or an animal emergency.
If you have any questions about the health and safety of your pet, please do not hesitate to contact us. We would be happy to answer any of your questions.